1925 Barton Stud was purchased by two brothers, Huttleston and Henry Broughton, from Sir Edward Hulton who established the stud in 1921. They were joint partners in the Stud and both served in the army during the Second World War. In their absence the Stud was leased to the Aga Khan. Amongst the stallions that stood at Barton during this time were Tehran, Dastur, Umiddad, Umidwar and Nasrullah.
1954 – 1989 The Stud was managed by Major John Critchley-Salmonson for the present owner’s father, Lord Fairhaven, who was senior steward of The Jockey Club 1987- 1989 and a Steward at Ascot, Epsom, Newmarket and Great Yarmouth for many years.
1989 – 2004 the Stud was managed by Joss Collins of the BBA until his early death.
2004 to present day. The Stud is still owned by the Broughton family and under James’s ownership they have continued to invest in the infrastructure as well as upgrading their broodmare band. The Stud is managed by Tom Blain, under whom the Stud has undergone further improvements and an expansion of grazing land.